Yesterday I had my first attempt in card weaving.
This technique is quite simple and allows to make interesting woven bands only with yarn and some squares of cardboard.
It is very ancient, and is also known as "tablet weaving".
Here are some interesting links:
- history of tablet weaving, expecially about North Africa (in French)
- history and examples of tablet weaving in Ancient Egypt (in French)
- instructions for tablet weaving by Mary Meigs Atwater
- basic patterns in tablet weaving from "Weaver's"
- other patterns and techinques from "Weaver's" are here (double faced), here (spaced warp) and here (gauze)
Posta un commento